Why do women get induced just for the conveniece(sp)? What happend to naturally going into labor? Just curious

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 11:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I dont know, people should wait til the baby is ready to come out
    Anonymous

• I got induced with my now 5yo son because my amniotic fluid was really low and my placenta was no longer healthy, I went into labor on my own with my now 9mo daughter though.
    Chibi_Kitten

Answer by Chibi_Kitten at 11:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i think it's mainly the doctors that push it, unless of course it's a medical problem
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• some women are impatient, and also home situation especially around christmas. as long as its not putting the baby at risk, why not?
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I had to be induced because of low fluid and some other reasons. It was kind of nice not to have to worry about when you goin to go into labor and all that, but hopefully I won't have any problems with this one and get to let it happen on it's own.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think more OBs should push the "Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait" program. Mine does, and boy am I anxious to have this baby, but I know that if the baby isn't ready, it's not worth it. The only way they induce at my hospital is for medical/health purposes ONLY. IMO too many people schedule inductions and C-sections before they're even in their 3rd tri.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I can totally understand for medical reasons I was induced with my son 11 days after his due date, but some women want to be induced like 2. 3, 4 weeks in advance just for convienence, IMO shouldn't you wait until the baby is ready on his or her own. I am not judging anyone I am just curious.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 11:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I was induced with both of my daughters at 38 wks. The Dr. had my oldest one at over 9 pounds and neither one us thought I would be able to deliver vaginally because my son was 6 10 oz. With my youngest daughter, I was just sooo miserable and uncomfortable that my Dr. induced me. With both of my inductions, the Dr' did all the final tests (blood work, sonogram, etc.) to make sure their lungs were developed enough and that they had gained enough weight to be born which they did. They were both 7 lbs. 8 oz. And I think that it's up to the woman, her DH or partner and her Dr. whether or not she should be induced providing she's had a normal and healthy pregnancy. If she's had a high-risk pregnancy, i don't think induction would be a good idea unless her Dr. feels otherwise. JMO.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I got induced with my first dd because I was a week over due and she kept growing, had she gotten much bigger she wouldnt have fit. I was also induced with my second dd because I had been going to physical therapy for having sciatica, my dr and I agreed it was best.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i want to be but not until 40 weeks because they told me that she is measuring big and that im gaining too much weight and im not eating much and that it could be her gaining weight and water weight but my stomach is measuring out smaller than what im at though.and im small.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 12:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2008