Pee Sticks Anonymous...

Has anyone thought of starting a support group for women who are literally addicted to taking pregnancy tests? I took a test tonight with a 99% positivity rate that it would be negative. This is getting ridiculous! Maybe we can help talk each other through the episodes where we can't seem to bear NOT peeing on a stick! Could sure save us alot of money and disappointment. :)

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 2:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Oh Girl! Let me tell you, when I was trying to get pregnant... thats all I did. I took a pregnancy test at least twice a week until my ex finally brought to my attention how crazy it was making me & left me with zero dollars. LOL I finally worked my way down to 1 every other week. I noted it on the calender & looked forward to that date! lol I think a support group for that is a good idea though! ;)
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• That sounds like a GREAT idea...!! im here to help with starting a group
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I'm not sure how to go about starting a group but I think it would be great. We need a few sane people in the group though (un-addicts) or we will be encouraging each other in a bad way! "Yeah yeah! Take a test! I wanna know now if you're pregnant! I'm too excited for you to wait! Pee on it! Pee on it! Pee on it!" lol
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 3:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• omg! count me in... im addicted. i mean i took one and after seeing a negtaive result i took another one like 2 hours later. and pregnacy test are not cheap
    juni21

Answer by juni21 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sweet! Lets do it!!! Where do we begin?
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 3:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Iv seen pregnancy tests at the dollar store. For a single buck you can take all the tests you want. But if your saying people do it like an obsession, then I think they NEED to seek professional help.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:56 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We can make our own professional help on CM! :) I don't know if anyone in the "professional" world has ever recieved a PhD in pregnancy test addiciton...
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i totally agree and identify with you.. i take it even when i m 100% sure ..lol ;)
    Shefali83

Answer by Shefali83 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I know this is really stupid but at one point I was convinced I was pregnant. I took a test like everday the entire week before my period (all negative). A day after my period was due I could feel it was gonna start anytime. I ran to the store and got a test thinking if I could just get one test to say positive before my period showed AF would go away and I would be pregnant. So I threw yet another negative test in the trash and started my period about an hour later. Lol us silly women!
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i have done exactly the same thing wishing after the test af wont knock my door...its all silly but we cant help it... we want it so bad.. i really dunno how ll react after i ll actually see my real bfp ;) lol
    Shefali83

Answer by Shefali83 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 11, 2011