Hi frz........my daughter she is 1yr 4months.......it's 2nd day i m giving her pediasure...5 scoops in 190 ml water, twice a day...she was eating fine and she is 10 kgs in weight .....doctor also didn't advice for pediasure i m giving her by my own...is it safe ,i m now worried as i have gone through pediasure side effects on google.....what should i do...should i discontinue?

ritu1234

Asked by ritu1234 at 5:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why did you start the pediasure? It should not be in place of milk and water. Pediasure's own website says it should not be given to children under the age of two. And your pediatrician should be asked about it.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I just re-read your question. I advise you stop the pediasure and she should be drinking milk and some water only.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Why are you giving the pediasure? Her weight is fine for her age and you said she is eating fine. If a doctor didn't advise it,you should stop as she is very young to be using it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Pediasure is for underweight or FTT children. It is recomended sometimes of a child is sick and hasn't eaten in a few days but it is not for kids who are eating and are gaining weight well. I would discontinue.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:47 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If she is healthy and eating fine then there is no reason to give her pediasure, it's a supplement for toddlers that either aren't getting proper nutrition or don't gain weight properly. My dd is 1y4m as well and 7kg or so (right at 17lbs) and is considered failure to thrive, so pediasure is recommended for her. If your dd is healthy don't give it to her and just stick with a normal diet. If you aren't sure ask your pediatrician, which you should have done before starting it, anyway.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2011