how do you lose your pregnancy weight??

i had my baby oct 11th. i weighed 169 when i had her. 3 weeks ago i went to the doctor and i weighed 146. i wanna get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight (118) so my clothes will actually fit. i gained weight in my thighs too.

how do i lose it all? ive tried everything i could think of. any suggestions???

jaydensmommy_08

Asked by jaydensmommy_08 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I walked and did pilates. Congrats on your new baby!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Your going to have to do it the hard way (as most people consider it)
    Disciplining yourself is very, very important with weight loss.
    First off ditch the junk completely. I know that's hard but you want to lose weight, right?
    Eat friuts and vegetables as much as you can. If anything ONLY eat those (Maybe some !%, milk, egg whites without the yolf and some lean baked chicken. Only baked though)
    Replace sodas and tea for water only and drink plenty of it.
    You will lose the weight if you can manage to give up the bad food and eat good food.
    Apples have enough protien in them to fill you up. They are loaded with protien so eat one in the morning.
    Bananas have enough carbs in them for a whole day so eat them sparingly.
    Do 30 minutes of excercising daily.
    I also found a fun group called dedicated dolls here on cafe mom. I like it. Check it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i breastfed
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 12:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• breastfeeding.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• breastfeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oh but I like the anons answers too!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I lost all my baby weight really fast. I guess it was breastfeeding because I didn't change any eating habits. I am still 50lbs overweight and weight watchers is a great program if you have the money!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oh yah and even though you lose all your baby weight it doesn't necessarily mean your same size clothes will fit. Mine don't, my weight shifted my hips and thighs are bigger and so are my breasts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Ok...here's what I did and it practically fell off....
    1. YOU DONT HAVE TO GET RID OF JUNK FOOD! I limited myself to only once a week *potatoe chips*, and it was the baked products...
    2. NO MORE SODAS, TEA, KOOL-AID, ETC. Drink Water and for a little change, I drink Capri Suns and Crystal Light, but I only drink those for with my dinner
    3. Get fruits and veggies.
    4. Breakfast- Yogurt, whole wheat bagel and cheese, or a 2 cups of cereal and 1 cup of 2% milk, Lunch - Lean Pocket with fruit, Chef Boyardee with fruit, or Smuckers Frozen PB&J with Fruit, DInner-whatever I cook, but make sure its Lean Meat, and with STEAMED vegetables, and a starch.
    Also excersizing at least 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I was finally able to go from 190 (apost pregnancy) to 155 (now) in about 4 months. Still have 15 more to go to get to my pre preg weight! But it is falling off. I am sooo happy about it now!!
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oh and for desert or snack, I eat, 100 Calorie little Debbie snacks, bowl of fruit, or a cup of popcorn. Probably twice month, I indulge on McDonald's or Taco Bell, because I cannot give those up....lmbo...and even then I only get a double cheese burger with a small fry or a grilled stuft burrito both with a large water. lol...but good luck!!

Oh and pilates help ALOT and the eliptical is awesome....burns twice as much calories than a trendmill anda stairstepper. Also the AB Coaster is good but its kinda expensive.
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008