Mucus Plug question, please read(TMI for the faint-stomached)

I just woke up and when I went to the bathroom and wiped, there was this thick sticky mucus. It was clear, and it took two wipes to clear it. Is it likely that this is my mucus plug? The doctor doesn't want me laboring (have to have a c-section...) so if I lost my plug, they want to know right away..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd call them and let them know, sounds like even if that wasn't the plug the plug has come out.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 8:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Losing it doesn't mean much. I lost mine at like 37 weeks. Didn't deliver until 39 and even then, I was induced. It regenerates. It just means you've dilated enough for it to fall out. Could even be 1cm. It's normal to dilate weeks before 40 weeks.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It does sound like part of your MP, but it will probably continue if that 's what it is. My passed for days like that in small increments. Just watch it, call the Dr. in the AM when they open and tell them you think you've started losing your MP. If you start to see brown or bloody streaks, call sooner.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Call your doctor...
    JaniceMc27

Answer by JaniceMc27 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2011