Psuedotumor Cerbri & Complex Migraine?

I have been diagnosed with Psuedotumor Cerbri. I just spent the day in the ER and they think I also have complex migraines. Does anyone else have this or know of anyone that does? What are the symptoms and what helps them. I absolutely do not what a shunt put in, is there anything besides that, that would help. Anything would be helpful.

Angela_1974

Asked by Angela_1974 at 7:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Health

• There is a lot of info online at some reliabe websites if you google it. Sometimes it goes away on it's own. Lots of advice is given at the websites. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• More.......I found an interesting link.  In the numbered paragraphs #3, 4, and 5 have other links that have a lot of info

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/17/complex-migraine-5-facts-on-the-headache-said-to-cause-serene-b/

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I was put on a Medication and my Psuedo tumor, resolved itself within a year with no shunt, it has reoccurred a few times though (years apart). When the PT resolved, my Migraines also became managable. Get a good Neurologist if you don't already have one.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• What did your doctor say?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• you need a really, really awesome neurologist. one you trust, feel safe and comfortable with, and so on. GOOD LUCK!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have to call my primary doc to see about a new neurologist. The doctor in the ER said maybe complex migraines or siezures. Just really scared because I already hve ptc and now this. Kinda overwhelming.
    Angela_1974

Comment by Angela_1974 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2011