How many push ups can you do?

No knees down. Military style. I can just barely do 30.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• A push up is an exercise invented by males and for males which, like its brother exercise the pull-up.

Push ups and strength training aren't generally focused on by women. We're usually busy doing cardio, so therefore our arms aren't capable of doing push ups as well as men.

I can do about 10. I have scrawny little arms that I'm proud of.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:47 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I do sets of ten, like 50 sets of those, I was not able to do even one years back.

Answer by older at 9:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• well good for you...do you want a sticker?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I can do a few, like 1-3 depending on the day!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I'm 42 and have never once been able to do a push up!

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You on the rag or something, Samurai? I was only asking because I took an exercise class the other day and the instructor was saying everyone should be able to do 50. So I was curious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I can do about 25 without a rest. My record is 82, when I was in MUCh better shape!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No, not on the rag....but i certainly was a bit grumpy this morning. sorry....

Your instructor is terribly wrong. 50 military push-ups is above average for both men & women. Only someone in excellent shape could do that many.

10-15 military push-ups is average for women & 30 push-ups on the knees is also average for women. I would go to a different instructor, he/she has no clue what they're talking about. Google it.

Also, the smaller & lighter you are, the more push-ups people can do. So, it all really depends on your size, weight & strength. A 95 lb chick may be able to do a lot of push-ups, but that does not mean she is very strong.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I am in the military and for my age, I have to do 17 pushups to pass my test. (im 25)
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 9:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Pretty sure what I do doesn't count as a push up in anyone's book. Oh well- I'm getting stronger and I'm sure some day I'll be able to do a push up!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:19 PM on May. 4, 2011