Hair question?

2 weeks ago i bleached my hair. the roots turned the color that i was looking for and the rest of it turned like an orangey yellow color, neway im think about bleaching it again to get the "white blonde" look. ( thats the color of my roots) but i burned it when i bleached it and ive been letting it repair for the last 2 weeks. first of all i know it wont b the color i want if i just put a toner on it, but should i put a toner on it b4 i bleach it again later today? and also if ne1 knows a good toner to get the "white blonde" look please let me know. thanks mamas

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• your hair will forever be burned until it grows out, once it's that burned it will never "repair". Hope you'll like having straw for hair. I'm surprised you want to bleach it again. Next time, go to a salon. Bleaching your hair again will totally ruin your hair.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• u dont have to b rude u know!
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Why dont you try that stuff thats Blue when you put it on? I think it's called Borne Blonde
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• As a hairstylist, I have a few questions. Have you ever used hair dye? What color was your hair before you bleached it?

Unfortunately, it will not repair it's self, but you can do deep conditioning treatments to make it feel a little less straw like. I would not try to bleach it again one your own. Toner can be quite tricky to use and may damage your hair more. I would go see a professional to help fix the problem with the color. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Don't worry though. It may take a while, but you can have healthy hair again:)

P.S. I did the same thing to my hair a long time ago and it's been back to normal for quite a few years now.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You should have gone to the salon in the first place. NEVER try to bleach your hair by yourself. If you previously colored it yourself, that would be why your roots were blond and the rest of your hair turned orange. Hopefully a salon professional can help fix the orange color, but only deep conditioning treatments can help deal with the straw feeling, and even then it will always be damaged until it grown out. Just be forewarned, corrective color is expensive. If you would have just gone and gotten a professional to do it, it will have saved you a lot of money.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Also, if you have used colors that are considered "metallic" it can counter act with the bleach chemical which will cause the color to be more orange than normal. This can also damage your hair worse than bleach would normally.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yikes...bleaching can be a touchy thing- the roots will bleach out faster because of the heat from your head...and the ends because they are more porous. at this point, I hate to tell you-but if you attempt to try anymore of this on your own, you may end up losing large chunks of hair...I would definitely see a professional if I were you. Also- don't do anything except maybe a really good conditioning treatment or two before anything else

Good luck
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• once it's that burned it will never "repair". Hope you'll like having straw for hair. --

she's not being rude, op. she's speaking the truth. but go ahead, get upset with her honestly and correctness..try it..you might like the 'buzz cut' after its all finished!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• @dullscissors I don't think it was what she that upset her, but more so how it was said. I can see both sides though :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 4:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011