Migraines in pregnancy

this is my 3rd pregnancy and ive had migraines during pregnancy and when im not pregnant! im not taking anything while pregnant except tylenol. this is my choice i havent even asked dr if there is something else! im 15 weeks which means ive entered 2nd trimester adnd hormone levels rising! im having 1-2 a week and they are really getting me down. any suggestions? its really hard with a 6 yr old and 3 yr old boys to just relax!

cortneydmorris

Asked by cortneydmorris at 9:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• oh wow i went threw the same thing they are the worst my DR said a little caffeine / coffee black like half a cup with two Tylenol should help and be safe for the baby and it worked my daughter was born healthy with no problem
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I was getting them every single day. Blackout/vomit migraines. Now I have a prescription for Finorinal which is aspirin and caffiene. My OB prescribed it when I was about 12-14 weeks. I also drink caffiene to ward them off so I rarely take my meds now.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had them while I was pregnant and I took Excedrin Migraine (didn't know I shouldn't)--was yelled at my my ob who then told me to drink a cup of coffee and take some tylenol if the tylenol didn't help to take 1 ibuprofen a little later. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i was getting really bad headaches too, now im 21 weeks 4th pregnancy and i wake up with one each morning. i try to use a warm compress and or a hot bath and it ususally helps. a cup of coke or coffee somtimes does the trick. usually an hour after i eat they finally go away.
    cmerc19

Answer by cmerc19 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011