If you had to go to work full time and your husband was laid off with two toddlers and a baby how much of the chores would you expect him to take over and how much would you still do after working full time? Hypothetically of course!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• If our roles were reversed I would expect him to do everything I do. If he could keep up lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would expect him to do what I do in the situation: grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, doctor appointments for the kids, driving them/picking them up from practices, helping w/homework and projects, home repairs/home improvements, yard work, shoveling snow, paying bills/dealing with the paperwork, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My dds husband is in this position and he does everything she would do if she was a sahm. He grocery shops, cooks, does dishes, laundry etc.

Answer by gemgem at 9:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• my man is going threw the same thing and he does everything even the cooken and when i get home i give him a brake and take the baby for the rest of the day
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would expect him to do like any other husband would do when they stay home. When the wife works all day and the husband stays home he "needs? to contribution as much as he can especially with two toddlers and a baby. What do "you" expect him to do while you're at work? Your husband is not a child he doesn't need a list of things to do around the house he can just look around and do it. If my husband was home all day and I work 40 hrs a week hopefully my house would be still standing up and I come home to a clean house....and my children are healthy and clean. Keep in mind you both have 3 small children with all that in mind that is a chore by it self . It takes team work to work with the children and house chores
    Communicate between one another and see what is excepted from the both of you
    Good luck
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If he is laid off then I would expect him to do everything that I did while at home with the children and the household chores. But, let's face it, most men are not going to do everything that we do. Women go above and beyond and men usually only do what they have to. If you have a man that does everything that you do, then you better hold on to him girls, seriously. You should still expect to have to come home and do some of the work, even though it isn't fair.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My dh and I are going though this situation (he goes back to work Mon, Yay!!) and I couldn't get him to do very much of the household stuff... Although he did cook and put a load of laundry in the washer now and then, but other than that he said he couldn't do anything because our dd wouldn't let him. :) She's two...
    JaniceMc27

Answer by JaniceMc27 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Do as much as he could. I would help out when I got home because I know how much work is involved.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• When I was in this situation - my dh didn't do much besides take and pick the kids up from school. I blew up one day but then I came home and while he did fine with cleaning (well he didn't move ANYTHING to dust - jusst went around it), the dishes were put away in alllllll different areas, laundry was folded but ALL together (ie fold a towel, put in basket, fold a shirt place on top towel, oh heres a sock lay it there) I had to sort thru piece by piece for whos whos. Then there is the grocery story....i use coupons, and buy store brand unless name brand is cheaper for some reason.....he didn't use a coupon (he had been in the store sooooo long) we had wonder bread, oreos (which I don't buy cookies), chips, he had got prune juce instead of an apple or grape (my list said JUICE) his total that day was about 75$ more than I would have spent!!! Lookin back its funny ....but that was a very trying period!
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i would expect him to do what i do as a stay at home mom. which includes taking care of the kids' needs, cleaning, cooking, laundry. i would help him as soon as i got home. i think it would be nice if the shoes were on the other feet so he could see how much work it really takes to be a stay at home parent.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2011