My 3 year old daughter picks her nose and eats it.....

I know its just a phase that she will out grow...I can't see her doing this at 13. But for now...i am so grossed out! How long did the phase last for your kid(s). When I catch her i tell her to get tissue and blow her nose and that it belongs in the tissue and not in her mouth. What did you do if your kid(s) did this?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We had kleenex in every room and told them to get a kleenex whenever we noticed them doing this. It didn't take long before they knew it was expected of them.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My daughter never ate them just rubbed them into anything she could find, couch, doors, walls back of bed. etc...a few gripes from me put an end to it.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• There are still adults who I know do this!!! just keep harping her about not doing it.

Answer by older at 9:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ugh my son does this too. Thats why I dont let him touch me
    Indira25

Answer by Indira25 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I haven't had to deal with the eating part but I am constantly swatting the hand of a picker. I think his big issue is he has trouble blowing it out, so we have been working on the process of doing the right thing with a fancy fish box of kleenex.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 11, 2011