Does your husband act excited?

and i'm not just talking sexually. my husband doesn't act like he's excited or thrilled or looking forward to anything. i can never get any kind of reaction out of him like he's happy about what's going on such as with gifts or trips we might be going on and even when we are approaching milestones. i'm a very passionate person and so i might act excited enough for both of us when amazing things happen in our lives but i'm just curious if anybody else's husband or any other men out there approach life in the apathetic manner my husband seems to.....

pmg1030

Asked by pmg1030 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Yess, my husband gets very excited. Our youngest dd started crawling while i was at the dr. office and he called me to tell me and he was so excited. He also likes when we take the kids to dollywood(local theme park) he gets more excited than the kids do!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It depends on what it is. Sometimes he'll just say "cool" when it's something that I find exciting (like a new craft project). Most of the time he'll get really excited though, like when our son does something new or cute.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• aw that's cute! did he act that way before you had kids too?
    pmg1030

Comment by pmg1030 (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes my DH gets very excited, he is a bigger kid at heart than my DD's are.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:17 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• NO, my DH doesn't get excited over much of anything either. It drives me crazy! I have learned to realize that's just his way though, and not a real indication of how he feels.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Has your husband always been like this or is it something that's progressively gotten "worse"? If it's progressively gotten "worse" it could be a deeper matter. Possibly depression.

My husband only shows interest or gets excited about a few select things. Going golfing, playing pool, playing poker, and going to Cedar Point. Otherwise he's a very basic nod and "I suppose" kind of guy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:28 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I wouldn't say he gets "excited" but he's definitely not apathetic, either. Some guys feel that if you show any kind of emotion, it is a weakness.

Time to sit down with your man and have a chat with him ;)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I agree with the above answer If he hasn't always been this way, there could be something wrong. Has he been to the doctor lately? If he is on any kind of medication it could be a side effect.
    mamamel61

Answer by mamamel61 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My DH gets excited at some things- like the kids getting good grades or saying new words- and some things he doesn't get excited over- like my new craft project or latest plant obsession. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I can tell you my SO is the same exact way. he has a ver quiet, laid back mannerism about him and shows very little emotion to most things. I have learned this is just how he has always been. Took me some time to realize this though. I am very much opposite and wear my emotions on my sleeve whether is be sad or excited, more the excited and happy part. I had a tough time dealing with his lack of emotions at first I will say, its hard when you think you have to "get" more of a response out of him or keep asking to get a better response,lol. I have seen him get emotional on a few occasions when it dealt with our kids and thats a good sign, but overall I had to realize this is just how he is.
    CopingMom33

Answer by CopingMom33 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2011