What would you do?

Ok so I had an emergency and needed to talk to my bff at 5am this morning. I'd rather not say why but I was on the verge of tears and she answered her phone and then hung up in my face not once but twice! Should I still be the matron of honor at her wedding or should I just right her off? We got into it last year because she was always kicking me while I was down.

If your bff called you at 5am crying would you hear her out or hang up in her face?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• ok i don't know all the details here, but no i would not hang up on my bff if she called me at 5am crying. but i also don't have kids and my husband and i have different schedules so he doesn't sleep at the same time that i do so it's not like i would be mad or anything at her for waking up the kids or my husband. not sure if that could have been it. some people are just very protective of their sleep lol but sorry that's not that i'm trying to excuse it. i think it's rude to hang up on anybody any time regardless of the situation. i wouldn't write her off but i would definitely ask her what's up with that? and tell her how you feel. tell her that in that moment you were terribly upset and not really thinking about the hour and just needed your bff and that hurt...i would just be straight forward
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would hear her out.

Answer by older at 10:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I cant say because when I am asleep I rarely remember when people call or come over in the middle of the night. I usually do really rude things and than the next day have a message saying I did this or that. Most of my friends and family know this though so they just laugh it off. I dont know your friend and if she is like me then I wouldnt write her off.

Answer by gemgem at 10:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would have listened but I would have let it rest after the first hang up. Give it some time and see if you two can get through this. If you feel you can not, decline nicely to be the matron of honor. But keep in mind we know nothing of what this is about and if this happens a lot with you two. GL hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Unless you were dead, dying or needed a blood donor, I'm afraid I wouldnt have too many patience at that hour. -LOL I probably would've told you that I would call you back when I was awake & we could talk then. Not everyone is at their best & ready to dole out advice after being wakened from a sound sleep. I'd give her the benefit of hte doubt & enjoy the wedding. Hope you were able to resolve your problem :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would have heard you out if you are calling that early something was wrong.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Probably hang up because I was falling asleep. There could be nothing going on that would require my support vs. her moms support or her sister. I also live 900 miles away and everybody knows I am not emotional and can't empathize. I would call her today and see how she responds then base your answer on that response.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would have listened. I have been awakened earlier. Not lately, tho, at least not in the last couple of years. Even if I thought it was a stupid thing to worry about, I would at least listen for a few minutes. And, if I had taken a sleeping pill, which I do often, I might NOT have been really awake and might have given a quick answer, told you to call me later, and hung up.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would have listened for sure! My cousin called me one time at 4am because she was severely depressed. I talked to her for hours. You're suppose to be there for the ones you love,regardless of what time it is!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Don't write her off yet, talk to her about it when she is awake, she may not even remember answering the phone - however, if she has the habit of kicking you when your down is she really your bff? You may have to find a new bff and just keep a minor relationship with her.
    mamamel61

Answer by mamamel61 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 10, 2011