Quick and easy craft ideas for a Kindergarten spring party?

About 20 kids and about 20 minutes to complete a project. Any cute ideas?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 10:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• check www.orientaltrading.com for some cute ideas. They have the supply packs, too, which usually have enough stuff for 12. :) It's where I get a lot of my ideas... Also there's a website called Family Fun (don't know the actual link).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Iv found kid's this age love to paint. I would make sugar cookies in shapes then make safe paint out of powder sugar, water and food coloring and let the kid's paint them however they want. You can poke a hole in the top before baking and when they are done painting you can put a cord or ribbon through it to hang.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We made keychains using beads last year that took around 20 minutes. We also did frames using popsicle sticks, feathers, beads etc. Also around 15 min.

Answer by gemgem at 10:49 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Flowers from Styrafoam balls with a pipe cleaner in the bottom and foam or felt petals glued around.
    Birds made from baby socks. just stuff them with cotton, tie just above the heel, add beads for eyes and felt triangles for beaks,
    Use recycled baby food jars as flower pots, let kids plant seeds, water, decorate the jar.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I work at a craft store. We have kits that will do 20-30 projects. They all look fun. Just visit a craft store and see one of their associates and they should be able to walk you through an entire project.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• What about making a flower patch? Get a bunch of popsicle sticks/tongue depressors and multi-colored construction paper. Precut the leaf and flower shapes for the flowers and let the kids glue it all onto the sticks?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:19 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You could make paper bag puppets like bees or rabbits.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It dependson how messy you want to get. But for spring I think of flower pots. My kids love planting with daddy. Why not let them decorate little flower pots and then have them fill it with soil and then plant a seed. Depending on how you have the decorate the pots would determine how long it will take.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2011