Should I be worried tha the baby isn't kicking?

I will be 23 weeks on Tuesday and normally the baby is kicking in the mornings especially when I eat something well it hasn't kicked this morning. Now I normally don't feel the baby kick when I am up and about and doing stuff which I was cleaning for an hour and a half this morning. I sat down like shaken my belly a bit to get the baby to kick and it hasn't I did this a few times then dh tickled my belly which normally makes her kick and she hasn't so I drank some apple juice and ate a left over taco and still nothing. Is there anything to worry about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No not yet. its entirely possible the baby is kicking and your just not paying attention. Mention it to the Dr on your next appointment.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Call your doctor in the morning...
    They will probably suggest you come in and do what they call a kick test. That is where they observe you for a couple of hours and count the number of movements of the baby. Probably no reason to worry but better safe than sorry, are you having any pain or spotting?
    JaniceMc27

Answer by JaniceMc27 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Go lie down on your left side for a little while. Have DH call your OB/midwife. If the baby has started to kick by the time s/he calls back then good. If you still haven't felt anything they will give you specific instructions. Good luck!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You are still early in your pregnancy I think its probably ok but you know you body and if you are concerned I would call your dr. office and see what they say.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:03 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• no none of those just the baby isn't moveinit is probably nothing, and it is probably nothing since the baby has just started kicking a month ago and more now, but it is making me nervous that the baby isn't kicking when it normally does in the mornings and after I eat
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2011