Would your doc/hospital let you deliver at 35 weeks after trying to stop it for 2 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think it all depends on the doctor....I have friends who have been induced at 34 weeks due to health problems, and my doc told me when I was pregnant that if I hit 35 weeks they would just let me deliver.... every situation is different, what is healthy for me, may not be healthy for one of the other girls and vice versa, it's all based on the individual person...I do know someone who went into labor at 36 weeks and they stopped it...they didn't want her to deliver until 39-40 weeks...so again it depends on the person and the situation..
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Once you hit 35 weeks they won't stop labor. My friend delivered at 35 weeks and her son is just fine but spent 2 weeks in the nicu b/c of weight. BTW all her babies have been small in weight but extremely healthy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My friend had her son at 34 weeks because she had some issues like that and also high blood pressure. He spent around one week in the hosp and went home healthy. I would think theyd let you. My dr always tried to make me hold out to until 36 weeks.

Answer by gemgem at 11:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• here they stop labor until you are 4 cm dialated or 39 weeks
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• 30 years ago I was born 8 weeks early. The doctors had spent all weekend trying to stop the labor, with no success. Monday morning when my dad was going to tell the doctors to stop the drugs (my mom was not doing good) the doctors told him that they already had. I was born Monday afternoon, and spent my first 30 days in an incubator.

I'm pretty sure hospital technology has come a LONG way since then.......
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Depends. I had my first at 35 weeks. They didn't try to stop labor at all because my water broke first. She was perfectly fine. My second, I went into labor at 34 weeks. They stopped it. 35 weeks. They stopped it. 36 weeks. They stopped it. He was born at 37 weeks and still ended up in the NICU for 2 weeks. My third, labor was stopped at 34 weeks. I had him at 36 weeks. 2 days in the NICU that time. If the baby is a girl, she'll do better slightly premature than a boy. (Boys just have a harder time breathing than girls do.) I'd hold off for as long as I possibly could. The longer they stay in, the less problems they'll have when they are out.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011