Okay.....so it might sound dumb......but i was wondering if anyone could answer me this question? I have never had any kids and had the mirena put in last march, me and my husband are wanting to have a child, can i still get pregnant or am i going to have problems?

cgriffith163

Asked by cgriffith163 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• once you have the IUD removed you should be able to get pregnant I just don't know how quickly.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I am suprised your dr. gave you the mirena iud. Usually it is only for women who have had at least one child.

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Well obviously you have to have it removed first, and unless you have some infertility issues getting pregnant should not be a problem.

Answer by gemgem at 11:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• thank you so much it's just i am kind of scaried.....because i never had kids of my own and now i want to, and i hope the mirena does not mess my baby making up
    cgriffith163

Comment by cgriffith163 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• yes my doctor gave it to me......and i have had few problems with it........thank u all for ur feed back
    cgriffith163

Comment by cgriffith163 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I got pregnant with mine in lol so I don't see why not. And I agree with the above unless you have other fertility issues or heaven forbid it damage you in some way most people get pregnant within a few months
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• They say with Mirena it's safe as soon as it's removed, though I have heard people say wait at least a cycle---others say three.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:11 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You know what gets me, is they suggest that you shouldn't be on Mirena if you haven't had a child, because of the hormones. Wierd...I would honestly talk to your doctor about it to make sure it won't have an effect. I've never met anyone who had it before having kids.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No sense in waiting, though...cuz practice makes perfect, right? :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i dont think i will have a problem geting pregnant my mother has had 10 and both my aunts are tied at 6.......but can i ask why wait at least 1 cycle
    cgriffith163

Comment by cgriffith163 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2011