Is it possible to have it all?

I'm content spiritually on my path in life....but financially we're shot. DH lost his job, we're in debt and we're both going through school. I want a spacious house decorated just how I want it. I want to be able to have a huge piece of land with a few animals (chickens, cow, pig, goats, pond with ducks and fish), flower gardens and a HUGE vegetable garden. I want an orchard full of fruit trees. I want to run my own business, travel the world and open an organization that helps people get job training and be successful themselves. I feel like I'm so far away from my dreams and that I may never reach where I want to be. Any success stories out there? How did you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We struggle. We have given up on our dreams.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• A lot of planning and a lot of saving.. and hard work.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think that you can have it. It will take a lot of hard work and sacrifice and planning. It won't happen overnight or even in the next year. But we all make our own destinies and if you want this for yourself bad enough, you can have it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Hard work, saving, and patience.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Have you thought about sharing your dream at church or with a group of people? Perhaps you can't do it by yourself, but with their partnership, you might. The Latter Day Saints have their own welfare program and farms to help the needy. Some churches in foreign countries keep livestock. People in need are encouraged to do the work in these farms and then are given the foods they need.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 2:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think it's possible to have it all, but not all at the same time!!

You need to PRIORITIZE and write up a life plan of action with REALISTIC time lines, expenses/start up costs your dreams will need, and when you realistically can expect to see a return on your investment/dreams.

More often than not, people develop grandiose plans without actually researching all that goes into the final product. If you REALLY want to achieve your dreams, you need to start small, and build your confidence as you "check off" the attainable items on your list. As you go through your list, you'll find that your larger goals will arrive faster, as you acquire the knowledge and skills necessary.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I don't think it's ever possible to have it all. Once you finally have all of the things that you want, you will then figure out that you want or need things to go with the things you have and you will need things to maintain the things you have. It becomes a never-ending cycle of things and the quest for finding happiness in those things.

Purchasing things to make you happy , no matter what they are, will never actually make you happy. It just makes you have more things and a smaller bank account.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 3:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You can have it all and still not be happy. Everyone needs to have something to strive for anyway.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2011