MMR Vaccine....

im so confused about this shot....did your child get it??

chrissyrissyroo

Asked by chrissyrissyroo at 11:23 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes, both kids
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:24 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• yes what r confused about?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes, ours did.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• The vaccine does NOT cause autism. It is MYTH. Both of my kids got the shot.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes, both my children . . .they did very well.

A lot of the information on the net has not been updated, so don't let it scare you. The study that was done that seemed to find some sort of link with the MMR and Autism has been retracted and the head researcher has been reprimanded. There were falsified methods and falsified results.

The MMR has no connection with Autism, other than the fact that Autism symptoms tend to appear around the same time period that MMR is given (1 yr) . . this is equally true for all individuals, immunized or not.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:37 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:40 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• The "link" between MMR and autism was FAKED for the sake of making money. It was based on ONE study on 12 children, who banded together and hired an attorney to find a doctor who would connect the two for the sake of a lawsuit. The doctor who made the connection has since had his medical license revoked.

Our son gets his vaccinations. I've studied human physiology, microbiology and immunology, and there is NO WAY IN HELL I wouldn't vaccinate. It's BECAUSE of vaccinations that our life expectancy has gone up, and we don't have these childhood diseases rampant in society anymore (though they're resurfacing thanks to lowered vaccination rates). We take for granted a world with low rates of preventable diseases.

musicpisces

• **It was based on ONE study on 12 children, whose parents banded together and hired an attorney

I meant to say their parents banded together.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• no its not because of the autism scare, its because ive seen VIDEOS of actualy babies who were normal before the shot and then a week after the shot had permanent brain damage :( the videos were so sad now i am so scared to give my twins the shot.
    chrissyrissyroo

Comment by chrissyrissyroo (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ALSO my son has bad eczema so for the past 4 months he has been on a steroid cream..and i read that a child should not get a live vaccine if they have been on a topical steroid for over 2 weeks....anyone know anything about this?? this is something else that scares me.
    chrissyrissyroo

Comment by chrissyrissyroo (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Apr. 10, 2011