Do you think

that when a child lives with the mother full time and is going to see his father for the first time for 5 days,do you think that the step mother should have say or touch that child when the child doesnt live with them..my son is only 20 months old and this is his first time going with his father over night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That sounds so hard. I would work really hard at getting to know her so you can begin to possibly feel more comfortable with her and you two can build a trust for each other... Sit down your ex and have a talk and tell him how you feel and what your bondries are. Unfortunately, when baby is with him, he says what goes usually..:(
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Of course the step mother is going to have to interact with the baby, I think it's best to encourage her to be as loving and involved with him as she's comfortable. A baby can't have too many people loving them, no matter what the circumstances are between you and her or your ex. But, before the little man's heads off to daddy's for the first time I would be sure to clear up some boundaries on what you feel is appropriate or not for her to be doing and make sure everyone is on the same page.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• OK see the thing is i was friends with this girl and they both lied to me and said they didnt like each other like that..she also threantend me and i have tried to see down with him and he wont
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• They dont care what i have to say they say its there saying at anytime...shes always telling him wht to do with our son
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Unfortunately, once you're separated you kind of loose control over what happens while the child is going to be at his house, it is his time. I hope things turn out well for all of you.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• sounds like youre jealous more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Unfortunately you do not have a say on what goes on a tyour babies daddy's house if he has legal order for the visit. Hopefully you have the same ideas on raising your child, or it will be an up hill battle. So the other woman can have as much or little interaction as your baby daddy lets her or that she wants to provide
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008