Having trouble sleeping.

I'm in my second trimester and I'm really uncomfortable. How do I get a good night's sleep?

julieintoronto

Asked by julieintoronto at 11:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Like a baby, create a going to bed routine at night. Warm bath, cup of hot tea, lotion, etc. and then get in the bed with lots of pillows. Maybe some nice soft comfy jammies would be just what you need. I sleep with a pillow under my head, a pregnancy pillow between my knees that wraps under my belly, one pillow in front to wrap my arms around (or my hands go numb), and one pillow behind my back (unless hubby is in the bed, then I have him lay touching my back for support). You can also get some lavender linen spray to spray your pillow or bed before you go to sleep. (Or Badger Balm makes this nice soothing lavender sleep balm that you can rub on before bed.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 2:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• For me it was lots of pillows.... a long body pillow helps .... and laying on your side.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:54 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i always get insomnia when pregnnant I would just get up and clean...LOL Warm baths helped me also
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Lay on your side (if you haven't been already), and just relax! You can try the pillow between your legs, too if that will help. That didn't help me when I was pregnant. Hope everything works out for you! Congrats!! :-)
    Mari6443

Answer by Mari6443 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I'm in my second trimester as well and I have to use a bunch of pillows just to get comfortable, and readjust them threw out the night...lol
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 6:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011