Birth Parents?

Okay so today I am mad we had our birth records unsealed and they were empty. Not going to make or break me but I am left wondering where I came from and why these people left us with nothing. Anyone else adopted before the 90's wondering what happened or where your birth parents are with the truth?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Adoption

• I can't answer for your personal circumstances but I am a birth mother that belongs to a IRL group.In it there are several birth mothers that found at reunion all the info they had freely given had ceased to exist.As if they had provided no information at all.There are women that provided full names for their child's OBC but when their adult child received the the OBC it said baby girl last name and that the mother had refused to have contact (hold) when they had held the baby or had not allowed to see or hold their baby.This sadly happened (s) TOO OFTEN.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• That sucks. I bet you had a lot of anticipation building up to that! I'm sorry to hear that they didn't leave you with anything. I hope you get the closure you want! (hugs)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My mother was adopted. Just a couple months before she died she received her much anticipated birth certificate with all the 'important' stuff blacked out. I think it really was a huge let down and disappointment for her but she never said a thing. She died not knowing.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My grandmother faced this. She knew her entire life that she was adopted, but ran into a constant string of red tape. It took her 25 years to get her birth certificate and when she finally got her hands on it, everything was blacked out. She still knows nothing about who her birth family was.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:43 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't understand what you mean by "they were empty". I'm so sorry you dont have your information, but don't give up. If you need search help visit this group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/35065

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Pink- what state, and who gave you the empty file (a doctor, agency, state, judge, hospital, vital records)? Did they explain to you what info *may* be included in the birth record?
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 4:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• This may be a silly question, but I wonder if some group like the ACLU or ACLJ might be willing to take on this issue to try to get laws changed? OP, I am sorry.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2011