How do you save money?

Any ideas?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• We put %10 of every paycheck & put it in a savings account right away. Pretty simple for us.

We don't TOUCH that savings account unless there is an emergency & we have no money in our checking. That has never happened though. At least not yet. Once a year, we take %10 of the total savings & invest it into like Roth IRA's or other funds.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• When I go grocery shopping I keep track of my total by rounding everything up. At the end I usually am 20-50 dollars less than what I had planned on spending and we put that away.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 12:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My DH has an account with the credit union at his work, and he has money taken out of his check and deposited into his account.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• There are many ways to go about saving. Some folks put the change left or gotten back from every purchase in a jar to save. It add's up pretty fast, but you have to pay for everything in cash to see it build up. Some folks put a certain amount from every pay check away. Some banks have auto savings where the change left over is put into a savings account. You can do things like cut premium movie channels from cable and put the $ in a savings account instead.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I put some in the bank (to pay bills) and I have a special jug that I put money in to save up for things that I want and need.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 2:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I cut down everything and save whatever is left from my pay check.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Have it taken right off your cheque and deposited into a high interest savings account, or have the bank withdraw a certain amount (from the chequing account that your pay goes into) every 2 weeks or once a month, and have it deposited it into a high interest saving account.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• don't make enough to put any away right now, hope to get that changed
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 8:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Money is automatically taken from my husband's check and put into a 401k. I have several accounts savings/mutual funds that automatically withdraw from my acct each month.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2011