What is it?

ok so im very worried right now, last night while my husband and i were trying to get intiment i noticed i felt very raw {internally} so we stopped right away. this morning after i get up take a shower and see ym daughter off to a family member i began hurting really bad, so i laid down on my left saide. i figured it was round ligament pains but they feel like they have gotten worse. so i called LND. i explained that the tightness began just under my diaphram, moved to my sides and than would be vertical from my belly button down and would then be very sharp, she said that it doesnt sound like ligaments, and with me only being 14 wks there isnt much that they can tell me to do other than stay off my feet and drink water....was she trying to tell me i may be miscarrying?! please someone help!

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think you got bad advice from LND. Raw = possible infection. Makes me wonder if you have an infection that might be causing a potential miscarriage. If the infection gets stopped then the other symptoms should settle down. Get a 2nd opinion.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If she meant that she would have said that. Sounds to me like you pulled a muscle or your possible constipated. Its also not uncommon for preggo women to have gallbladder attacks that have symptoms like you describe. Call your actual Dr and ask or possible any ER nurse at any hospital will try and answer your questions for free. DONT panic yet. You have NO reason to think it's a miscarriage.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It doesn't sound like a miscarriage to me. I have had 3 m/c and for me, I would get severe diahrrea pains about 30 minutes before I began bleeding very heavily. It always felt like I was about to have diahrrea, just ALOT more intense, but nothing would come out. I think I agree with JSD. The raw feeling could be a sign of infection, but it could also be nothing. Sometimes when I was pregnant I would get that feeling a day or two after DH and I had sex. Usually by the end of the night it would go away and all was fine. I would talk to your OB directly (or the one on call from your office) and get their opinion. :)
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• The best thing you should do is set up an appointment with your gyn because you may have an infection or you just may be very sensitive with all your hormones going out of wack.
    Kaleena8108

Answer by Kaleena8108 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• the pain had gotten worse earlier today so my husband took me to the er and we found out that i do have an infection brewing. so they gave me some meds and sent me on my way. i feel silly for going up there to find it nothing more than a uti but im really relieved it wasnt the other
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Do not feel silly uti can be very serious during pregnancy. I am glad you got some meds.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2011