Steroid Cream For Eczema..

was your child ever on this?? did your DR ever say anything about them using it and not being able to get the MMR shot??

chrissyrissyroo

Asked by chrissyrissyroo at 12:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• One of my sons needed this for a bad diaper rash. We weren't told about not having MMR while on it.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• The only thing doc ever prescribed for DD's eczema was Elidel but I did NOT use it because it is known to cause cancer.

I had to eliminate dairy from her diet, supplement w/vitamins, probiotics, and plenty of good/healthy oils, and avoid all OTC products (even those specifically made for eczema) because they contain chemicals that exacerbate the condition. I had to switch to more natural products and had to totally avoid SLS. For flare-ups, I rub evening primrose oil, borage oil, or coconut oil into the patches AND/OR have her ingest them to work from the inside-out.

As far as the MMR, makes sense to me to avoid it since eczema is inflammation and you don't want to further assault your child's delicate system.
    Anonymous

• my son is almost 24 and has been on hydro cortisone cream since he was a baby. They said he's out grow the ezema and we're still waiting. They never said he couldn't have any of his shots.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 2:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011