Do you really think the judges do what is in the best interest for the child? adult content

what is your opinion on this matter?

ashleypalomba

Asked by ashleypalomba at 12:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, I think they can make an unbiased opinion on the situation because they do not have a personal attachment with the child.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes,they do.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Maybe were you live they do whats in the best interest of a child, not where I live though, because they don't care that My son doesn't want to go with his father, and he makes himself violently ill. and throws up. Making a child go through that is not the best interest.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Again, you have a personal attachment.
    Your son will grow out of this stage and you should be thankful your son's father wants to see him.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thats the thing, my sons father DOESN'T want to see him, he sees him maybe 10 times a year. sorry thats not something I am thankful for. He's a shitty parent. In my eyes my husband is my sons father, he supports him when his father does jack shit for him. And its definatly not a phase my son has been acting like this from the time he was a yr old, thats five years, little bit too long for a phase. And no if I was a judge I would do whats fair. If the parent was a shitty parent and showed no interest in their child. I would definatly not let them see the child at their beck and call. Thats why there are so many abused children in the world. Because the judges don't give a crap.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thats what everybody thinks about the judges that don't rule in their favor.
    Anonymous

• Also I think they shouldn't do whats based on one childs interest. Every child is different no two childs are the same whats the best for one child might not be whats best for another child.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Anonymous-Obviously the judge that I have is screwed when I have notes from my sons pediatrician and psychologist saying that they are concerned and that they think it would be in the best interest for him to have either no visitation rights or supervized. So yeah when the judge isn't listening to professionals then the judge isn't doing whats right.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Well, if your ex doesn't want to see his son...then he doesn't have to.
    I'm pretty sure it's some kind of arrangement of every other weekend? If he's not living by it, go back to court and have the time reduced.

But, just because your son "makes himself violently ill" doesn't mean the judge is ruling against the best interest of your son.

If your ex beats him, verbal abuse, mental, sexual abuse and they ruled for him to go...that would be not in the best interest of the child.

How old is your son? Most at the age of 10 (maybe 12) can choose not to go see their parent.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My son has disclosed to two doctors that his father hits him and beats him and the judge won't even take into consideration or look at the doctors notes (this is why I don't think judges think best interest of child) Also he is a shitty dad, he tells judges he shouldn't have to pay support and all this. Yes if your a good dad thats one thing.
    ashleypalomba

Comment by ashleypalomba (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011