help my 9 year old daughter will not sleep in her own room

She always wants to sleep with me or he ants me or my husband to lay down with her. Then you thinks shes asleep and ou get up 15 min. later she is back up I do not know what to do help

mommystressed

Asked by mommystressed at 12:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son PROMISED me up and down that the day befor his 10th! birthday he would never sleep in my bed again. He turned 10 Oct. 7th and you guessed it, now he just wakes up at 2am and goes to my bed when I am in a deep sleep (not every night but at last 3 nights a week). I really don't know what to tell you because I ave been divorced and alone for a few years,I 'd hate to see what would happen if I had a relationship. lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Thats just too old to be sleeping with mommy and daddy. You need to be more firm and consistant with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My daughters (actually all three of my children) were sleeping in their own rooms once they were out of the crib and in toddler beds. I agree with anon1257 that she's too old for this. I would look into this more because there may be a valid reason why she feels this way.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• She isn't too old. I would encourage her to sleep in her own bed but it's really not a big deal. My kids all sleep with me sometimes, the oldest being 10. Maybe she needs a night light? Some noise like a fan or a noise machine? I think I would promise her she could sleep with me on certain nights so she has something to look forward to. Also, find out why she doesn't want to be in her room.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Agree with Pauline completely. The key is WHY doesn't she want to be alone... problem at school? Bad dreams? has something happened to make her feel less secure? That is the real key. And trust me, before long they hardly want to speak to you, much less sleep with you... enjoy it while you can! :)
    Keriokeeee

Answer by Keriokeeee at 11:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2008