Nightmares, monsters and regression on potty training?

My daughter is will be 3 in june and has been potty trained for about 1 month with no accidents. Last week we had a thunder storm that shook the house and now she is terrified. She thinks its a mo ter and/ or a lion and waits until the last minute to go potty and I have to go with her, se use to do it on her own. She also gets up several times a night screaming and is terrified if she hears a door close or any loud noise. What can I do for her? I hate that she is scared and I don't know how to help her!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Keep telling her everything will be OK. You might want to get a childrens' book about weather and storms. Go back to taking her to the potty regularly so she re-learns it. You might want to Google night terrors in children or nightmares to get some tips for that but it might just take time. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011