My boyfriend is 30 and has a horrible temper sometimes, He tells me to STFU and suck it easy?

and hangs up the phone when we argue, he has a history of suicide attempts and a charge for assault. Should I stay with him. He will change if I stick by him right? I want us to be married. I am graduating college next year with my BSN and I want us to be happy

I love him and I know he loves me. When I ignore him for a few days he goes crazy

Indira25

Asked by Indira25 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• This sounds like an unstable and potentially dangerous person. He might change, but there's a good chance he won't. I'd think LONG and HARD before continuing planning a future with him.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thats the sign not to marry him. There are many other men out there that will respect you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• its up to you! If you love him you'll find a way to make it work.gl
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would just not stay with him. He needs help. YOU can't change him and he won't get better just because you love him and want to stand by him. He won't change unless he wants to and gets help. It sounds really bad.....take care of yourself.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You can't change anyone. Been there, done that. I tried for two years to change someone, and it only made him worse and made the problems worse. My ex did end up dying from overdose right after one of our fights. I'd finally gained the courage to get an emergency VPO after he tried to throw me and my belongings out of a 13 foot story window. He was sent to jail, but shortly after his release he passed away.

You need to run, and run fast. Get a VPO if you need, but avoid him at all costs before you get hurt, or wrapped up in his very destructive behavior.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i DON'T THINK U SHOULD MARRY HIM JUS SAYIN...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You can't expect him to change. That's a huge mistake. He is who he is, and that is a disrespectful asshole. This relationship sounds volatile and unhealthy, and if it were me, I'd have been gone the first time he told me to STFU and suck it easy. JMO, though. Good luck!~
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It sounds like you need counciling, Marrying him with out getting some kind of counciling with only make the problems worse not better.
    you can't make him into something that you want. Take it from me IT DOESN'T work.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• He's no good. I think it's safe to say that he goes crazy when you don't talk to him in a few days because he's controlling and wants to be able to 'check' you, NOT because he loves you or misses you.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 3:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• LEAVE! this situation does NOT sound safe sorry my opinion
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2011