My boyfriend is 30 and has serious anger issues n idk wat to do? I love him? We have a great connection

?
First off all he is 30 n has no ambition in life, wen we got together he admitted to still living with his ex gf but he really liked me. I said if he wanted me to take him serious u gotta get out. So he did n moved back to his moms house. He picked up an assault charge back in 08 when he worked at walmart n assaulted one of his coworkers which reaulted in him having a probation for 2 years. He says he chaged but I rarely see it. He blows up over minor issues n wont speak to me for days. like for instance hes been dying to see this new movie, but he expected me to pay for it. I wouldnt have mind but he got very nasty with me when i said no, he flips out and insist we go half.... a freakin movie, only $11.00??? Its been like this for the past month and I dont know wat to do anymore. Im in nursing school and I just dont think I can handle it anymore plz wat should I do I love him
despite all of this, or am I just a fool

Indira25

Asked by Indira25 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Leave his ass...he is 30 with no ambition in life. In a previous post you said you have a 4 yr old son from a previous relationship that was abusive. This man is also abusive, crazy as all get out, not going anywhere in life...so ask yourself where can he take you and your son. You are going to complete college soon, have a wonderful opportunity to get a career going, have a son you need to nurture and care for, and deserve to do this alone or with someone who can be an example to your son on how to be a man.

Love yourself, Love your son.....LEAVE this man...he is not worth all this stress and foolishness you are going thru.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My ex was the same way.... he ended upbeating me infront of our child, get out now!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• you need to move on with your life and drop this loser. he is also a lazy punk. he is using you for your finances and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder/ he expects u to take him to the movies and even throws a tantrum???? you need to realize your worth and what u deserve. there are many guys out there who would be more than happy to treat u to dinner and do other nice things for u . get rid of him. you love him but he doesn't love u back. all u are to him is a warm bosom and a hot meal.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Also you said you have a Great Connection....where is it? He is 30 and has nothing going in life, and you are on your way to doing things...he has a temper that explodes at any given time...so where is the connection? When a couple has a Great connection, they are truly connected and have no need to ask should they leave the relationship?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sounds like a looser to me. 30 is pretty old to not be stable in life, or have any ambition to make his life better. Id seriously question if you truly love him because Maybe you just like having someone there for you. True love is not selfish or unkind or nonworking and it's not un-supportive. How can you really love someone who wont better himself and rely's on you to pay his way for his selfish needs? The anger over nothing is also a clue along with you not liking it that it's not really love.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have to agree with virginiamama71 : Leave his ass...he is 30 with no ambition in life. In a previous post you said you have a 4 yr old son from a previous relationship that was abusive. This man is also abusive, crazy as all get out, not going anywhere in life...so ask yourself where can he take you and your son...PLAIN and SIMPLE love him enough to leave his ass for the safety of you and your son period.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• That doesn't sound like a great connection to me, honestly. You deserve better than what he's giving you.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would say if you love him deal with it everybody has problems. But he sounds like a real jerk. No afence. I have have lots of issues with my man he's a ass most of the time but for some reason I love him to death. He point is everyone has bad days all guys are pricks you just have to figure out if you can and want to deal with him and all of his bullshit fur the rest of ur life.
    lwalter87

Answer by lwalter87 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• There's nothing with loving him, but does he love you? First off he needs to go and get help for his anger issues, he can't do it by himself. If he really loves you he will go to get help to protect you from his bad temper.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Honestly, he sounds like bad news. People don't just 'change' overnight so I doubt he got past his anger issues, especially since you mentioned he's still blowing up at everything. I think you already know what you should do but you're having a hard time accepting it. You may love him, but love is not supposed to hurt you like that. I'm not saying love is perfect, but it's not abusive either. Also, think about your little prince. I'm sure you would be heart broken if he grew up to think abusing women was the thing to do. Get away from this man before he manages to break your spirit and you get to weak to walk away. Take care!
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 3:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011