Im so confused someone help !!

Im 17 weeks and 2 days i go on this website called justmommies.com and its says im already 5 months but then my sister in law and my family are telling me 20 weeks is 5 months so i dont know cant someone help me out .

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 17 weeks and 2 days is 4 months and 2 days your not quite five months yet
    Sessy89

Answer by Sessy89 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It's always cofusing to try to convert the weeks into months! I would say you are 4 1/2 months but technically you could be right either way. Pick the one you like best and go with that! :)
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• just go by weeks. technically 20 weeks is 5 months but every month doesnt have 4 weeks in it, some have less, some have more.. it evens out in the end.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• a month is considered 4 weeks. If your 17 weeks and 2 days your four months one week and 2 days along. Some people just round up to the next nearest month. 36- 40 weeks is full term and using a 4 week per month average your preggo 10 months if you go all 40 weeks.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would say 17 weeks and 2 days is 4 months, 1 week, and 2 days. lol. But yes.. I go by the 4 wks per mnth to calculate mine. so 5 mnths would be 20 wks
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thanks everybody i was so confused now i can tell people that im 4 months and not 5 lol .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No technically you are 5 months the thing is you're pregnant for 40 weeks and 40 weeks is 10 months because 4 weeks=1month.
    Now if you think about it some of our months have 4 weeks where as some months would have 5 weeks and thats why they say 9 months so dont confuse yourself and worry about months just worry about the weeks you are and save the rest for the docs to figure out ...LOL
    Kaleena8108

Answer by Kaleena8108 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Some websites will say you are "5 months pregnant" and they mean that you are in your fifth month. Some will say 4 months and mean you have completed the fourth month (like a birthday). Either way you want to look at it. Honestly, I quit looking at the months at all because it was so confusing to me. I just look at weeks and trimesters. When someone asks me how far along I am, I either tell them in weeks (28 weeks) or in trimesters (beginning my last trimester).
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 2:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011