How can I get my kids all on a schedule that is benifical to all of us?

My little girl is 9 she'll be 10 in june. She has dylexia and add. She need extra time. Also I have two other children 4&2 and my husband and a house to run. My 4 yr old has preschool on tuesday and thursday so I limite my arrands to them days b/c I live so far away from town. I feel like I running on air > I need a schudule that fit's all of our lives! PLEASE HELP

mimi497

Asked by mimi497 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have NO idea, but if you figure out how to get them all on a mutually beneficial schedule for the whole family? Write and publish the book and you'll be RICH!!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Why not have your husband take the younger kids out of the house in the afternoon when your older girl comes home. She'll have less distractions for homework, AND will get 1on1 time for help. While the other kids are out of the house THEY can do the errand running.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I can't tell you how to do it, it's going to be different for every family! But I have 5 kids, one with special needs, so I know where you are coming from. One of the things that helped me out a lot was learning to use my crockpot for meals. It makes my afternoons so much easier to have at least most of supper ready to go so I'm not rushing around to get a meal on the table while trying to entertain my little ones and help my older ones with homework.

Answer by missanc at 8:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2011