Would you be upset over this? adult content

My girl friend and I went out to eat last night. We were sitting beside each other in a booth and holding hands on top of the table while we looked at the menu. My girlfriend laid her head on my shoulder and I kissed the top of her head and then put my arm around her and snuggled while we waited for the waiter to come take our order. The manager came over and asked us very politely if we would please sit on opposite sides of the table because we were upsetting other customers. She told us that if we didn't do as asked, we would be asked to leave. My girl friend got upset and said she wanted to leave so we did. I can understand her frustration, I thought it was a little stupid of the manager to make a big deal out of it but I can see where people would be upset even though we really weren't doing anything but sitting there beside each other with my arm around her. I told my girlfriend that she over reacted and we should have just moved our seats like asked. Now she says she never wants to go back to that restaurant again.

Sessy89

Asked by Sessy89 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes I would be upset, cause they discriminated against a same sex couple. I see heterosexual couples showing affection in public and noone has asked them to stop cause others are uncomfortable.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Would the manager have done the same if it had been a guy and a gal? I don't think I would go back either. I would consider complaining to the own of the restaurant.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• that was discrimination. i would not be going back to the restaurant either. your gf was right for leaving- - they obviously don't want your business.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• to hell with the people who dont like it id go back and sit next to her arm around her and if asked to move again simply say no im fine thanx.....they cant tell anyone to move...its not like your getting freaky before the appiteizers come.....stupid i hate shallow minded people...tell your girl not to back down so easily to go back and embrace what you two have......good luck
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 2:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You bet I would be upset! that is a discriminatory thing to do, I would make a formal complain to the owner or manager and never go back and give them bad ratings to anyone who would ask. Your girlfriend was right to be upset!

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Im wondering if that manager would have told a Heterosexual couple the same thing??? Seeing people cuddle and suck face is offensive to me in a public place. Dosnt matter if they are the same or opposite sex but Id never complain about it to a manager at a place, I just wouldnt look at the couple. Likewise if I was the manager Id NEVER ask a couple to stop or leave over it. I might mention that their behavior was upsetting others and to not be surprised if someone said something to them about it. But Id never ask them to move or leave. Call the owner of that place and complain, thats totally out of line. If it's a chain place Call corporate. People NEED to learn to be tolerant of differences in sexual preference!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes, I think that was uncalled for by the waiter & I would have left just so they did not get my $ for a meal. If you lived in NY,NJ or CT., no one would have even noticed or let alone said anything. I guess it depends on the area. Just ridiculous.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think your gf was right on this. They would not have asked you to do that if you where a same sex couple. You did not have your tongue down her throat while grouping her breasts. You put an arm around her and kissed the top of her head. I have seen same sex couples give much more PDA than that and not had a single word said to them. To hell with that restaurant. If it was a chain please let us know because I will boycott them right along with your gf.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I can see why people may have got upset. For example if they have children there they would have to explain why two girls were cuddle and dating or whatever rather then a guy and a girl. Not really something someone want to discuss with there LO. At least I wouldn't want to try to explain it to my son.
    Anonymous

• I Don't want to get sued by anyone but it was a common place that starts with a D and ends on S and is one word with 6 letters....lol
    Sessy89

Comment by Sessy89 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011