Should I call my pediatritian?

My DD is 5 weeks and 2 days. She's been sneezing (normal i'm told) but now she's developed a small cough. Not frequent, not hard, just a little "ah-heh". As it IS that time of year, I'm wanting to nip it in the bud if it IS something. Any suggestions?

Lillysmomma1024

Asked by Lillysmomma1024 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it is a cold then there is nothing they can do about it because shes so young.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• its always best to call the pedi, but my baby coughed and sneezed and i was told it was normal cuz babies have to get used to the air around them. buuut just to be on the safe side you could call to see what the doc says. good luck!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My son did that at about 7 weeks when I realized he had reflux. A tiny bit of spit up would come up in his throat and he would cough on it like that. Like the first post said there's not much the doctors can do that young if it is a cold so you're probably better off just watching for new symptoms. But if you're real worried it never hurts to call and ask the ped. what to look out for just in case.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• There are things thy can do, but it means a shot. Anyway, is there a fever? Troubled sleep? Crankieness?(sp) It only takes a minuet to call, but likely he/she will ask if about fever and stuff and tell you to come in if it happens. I would call though, having a five week old means a lot of worries, it's better to sleep at night than wonder if you should have called.
    MsJaci

Answer by MsJaci at 2:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Call the doctor. it won't hurt and it will put your mind at ease. Check for fever and regulate with baby tylenol. Check for proper dosage but it should be one .6 dropper...
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• even a little something happen to our child my husband wants me to go to a pediatrician to make sure the our child is ok... that's why i love him.. theres nothing to lose if you check him out to his pediatrician..
    babykojohnville

Answer by babykojohnville at 9:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2008