LEGAL AGE???

OK SO WHATS THE LEGAL AGE TO GET MARRRIED IN TEXAS???? I TRIED AT FIFTEEN WIT PARENTS PERMISSION BUT I WAS TOLD BY THE COUNTY CLERCK I HAD TO WAIT TILL I WAS SIXTEEN TO DO IT WIT PARENTS PERMISSION....ALSO HUBBY IS GOIN TO 21...WE HAVE A BABY TOGETHER DO YOU GUYS THINK THEY WOULD MAKE A BIG DEAL FOR THE AGE DIFRENCE??? SO HAS ANYBODY GOTTEN MARRIED AT THIS AGE RECENTLY...???WHAT DID THEY ASK FOR??? WHAT DID YOU HAVE TO DO??? PLEASE HELP AND PLEASE NO RUDE COMMENTS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• first of all, yall don't know the bf. maybe he's a good guy. my husband is 4 years older than me and he is the best man i know aside from my dad. i moved in with him when i was 17 and he has taken care of me ever since.
    Anonymous

• My BIL is 21 and his wife is 16. They didn't need anything but her parents to be there
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I think you should call an attorney. If you already have a child together then you can be an emanipated minor and get married in some states. I'm not totally sure they will take kindly to a 21 yr old getting a child pregnant. Some states will arrest him for statutory rape. I'd call a lawyer and just ask.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• BS! TROLL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You need to just wait til 16. There's really no other choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• MARRIAGE IS A HUGE STEP IT'S A LOT HARDER THAN A BABY SURE ANY GIRL CAN HAVE A BABY BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOUR READY FOR MARRIAGE MAKE SURE YOUR IN LOVE NOT LUST ! YOU CAN GOOGLE YOUR QUESTION ! BUT WHAT DID YOU HAVE IN COMMAN WITH A 21 YEAR OLD ?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• What kind of "man" knocks up a 15 yr old? Are you sure this is a good man?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Not to bust yuour bubble or anything...but just to let you know...In that State of Texas, your 21 year old "boyfriend:" would be considered a pediphile and charged with rape and sexua; misconduct with a minor...like the other poster sd...what do you and a 21 year old have in common? Have you asked him why he hasn't dated anyone his age? Did you guys start off having sex? Did he ask you for sex first? I ask this because, my husband is in the same situation with his little sister who is also 16 and her "boyfriend" is 21. Her boyfriend openly has dated only girls under the age of 16 because they are "easier". Do you think any of that applied to you? Im not passing judgment, but I honestly think you need to think things over about marriage. Its no joke and shouldn't be taken lightly...good luck sweetie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• YOU SHOULD NOT GET MARRIED HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER TOUCHED YOU HE MUST HAVE BEEN YOUR FIRST ? I THINK THAT A MAN WHO WOULD WANT A CHILD YES YOU ARE A CHILD WITH A BABY WHAT WOULD HE WANT WITH A 15 YEAR OLD HE WANTS TO MOLD YOU INTO THE WOMAN HE WANTS NOT THE WOMAN YOU WOULD CHOOSE TO BE HE WANTS TO CONTROL YOU LIKE A PUPPET I BET HE ALREADY HAS TOLD YOU WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR DAY ! ALL YOU TWO HAVE IN COMMON NOW IS SEX AND A BABY THAT IS IT PLEASE DON'T THROW YOUR LIFE AWAY IF HE REALY LOVES YOU HE WOULD WAIT TELL YOUR 18 TO MARRY AND DONE WITH HIGH SCHOOL !

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• hahahaha...You know stay in school.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008