Is it normal to be swollen ??? tmi adult content

Is it normal to be so swollen in your vagina that you cant even fit a finger inside ? I know very tmi but me and hubby were going to do the deed and couldnt because it felt like I was being riped apart so I felt and couldnt fit my finger in past the tip and so I had hubby check and he said it was quite red and very swollen and bruised looking. The baby is head down so maybe that is it but ive just noticed it today im 27 weeks 3 days, Could it be toilet papper ? like a reaction to it ? any help would be great

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Never heard of your cooter swelling up because of the baby being head down or even close to labor. That sounds like some kind of odd infection. Id give your Dr a call tomorrow and ask. I also dont see how TP would cause a reaction like that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I was like that when I was pregnant. My doc told me to where a pad for support. It helped out a lot. She basically explained that it was due to pressure. Good Luck and Congrats!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I never experienced the bruising...but i got very swollen down there when i was pregnant. But this sounds a bit more serious. Defintely call your doctor to be sure.
    GL hun..hope it gets better for you
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• GO TO THE DOCTOR!!

Answer by louise304 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would go to the doctor, but I can tell you this....
    I had twins and my vajayjay lol was very swollen because of all the pressure. It was the wierdest feeling ever.
    Anonymous

• that sounds awful! I'd try and get seen tomorrow morning if possible. Better safe than sorry, right?????
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have never heard of that. Sounds painful! I would ask your doctor.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 6:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• im not sure, i have been a little bit swollen but not extreemly, i would maybe call the on call doctor and talk to them. good luck
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2011