How old do you feel?

a child should be before getting a cell phone when they really don't need one?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• When they have a job to pay for it themselves.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• People don't "need" cell phones. It's convenient, but it's not a necessity. I'm going to let my kids use one when I take them somewhere and I need to pick them up later, they can call and let me know when. Situations like that.

CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• When they are old enough to be away from you and able to call you on their own....a tracfone is perfect for that because it is a pay as you go...no contracts.... you get 60 min for 20 dollars some of the tracfones have double min...so if you get one of those you get 120 min for 20 bucks....and only have to purchase another 20 dollars card every 3 months or if you run out of min. If your tracfone does not have double min....you can buy a card from tracfone for 25 dollars and that will double your min for the life of the phone.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 2:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• if I see a child, tween, teen with a phone with a CAMERA, I know it's a toy (and a dangerous one!) and not a necessity or means of communication. If a Mom lets their child have a camera phone and text capabilities, I don't want my kid around 'em. I've seen what teens/tweens do with text and camera phones. It ruins lives.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2011