People

how would u deal with people who disagree with everything.. for instance my gmas like oo well i would have did it this way or it looks ok but could be better.. i wouldnt have chose that color.. it irritates the crap out of me y cant she ever say hey that looks good or i like that idea.. theres alwasys something wrong with everything to her or she always knows a better way it could have been done..every little improvement my dh does to the house she complains.. i just want to tell her shut up its our house lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I understand what your going through. My mom lived with me for 15 years and she went through my marriage with me, my ex could handle her negative attitude (she had a rough life), after that marriage ended, she helped me with my kids for years, and met Mr. Right, we moved in together and she moved with us. Him and her fought all the time, to the point when I was preganat with my last child, they stressed me out so much I had my baby two months early. I went into labor following an argument between the two of them. But that didn't stop them, my mom moved out and 400 miles away from me... I hated it had to happen but I didn't want to let him go and it was her or him. After she moved out, she passed away 4 months later. I still feel guilty, and this was two years ago. it's a tough situation to be in and I don't know what the right answer is but I do know that you need to love her and take care of her becasue she's family
    JaniceMc27

Answer by JaniceMc27 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think when my mom died YOU got my mom reincarnated into your mom! LOL You just learn to say oh ok. or just ignore them. People like that CANT ever be just happy and always have to say what they would have done differently. Its just how they are. They dont mean to put you down, just ignore it or youll always be fighting with them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ignore them, change the topic, if possible try not to spend too much time around her
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Stop asking for her opinions!! ;o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My MIL is sort of that way. I just say this came out great or I love it! Don't let it get to you. Do your own thing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Just say ok, oh, that's nice, and change the subject. This is your grandmother, let her have her opinion.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I volunteer and the women who volunteer with me are old enough to be my grandma and they all have their opinions and I have learned that all you can do is smile and nod and move on. Don't let it get to you as long as you know what is right, that is what counts
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 2:00 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My mother was that way. When we bought our first house, she had 3 negative comments before she ever got inside. 1. You didn't need such a big yard, you'll never get that grass cut. 2. Why didn't you get concrete steps instead of wood? 3. Lord, you'll spend all your time washing all these windows. I just learned to live with it, she was a very negative person.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i dont ask her opinions.. me and my dh are letting her stay with us for now and shes driving me insane
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011