Cradle cap

how do i get rid of it?
how do i make it so my son's more comfortable?
and how long does this normally last...

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I but baby oil on baby before bed and covered it with a little hat. Ww swaddle her tightly with a swaddle me so she couldn't get it off. In the morning all I did was wash her hair again and it all came off, no combing necessary.

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I used baby oil on his scalp and then used a comb to get the little bits out of her hair. Lasts a week or so. Shouldn't really be bothering him otherwise so if it seems to hurt him ask the pedi.

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Just keep it moist so its not pulling on his hair. Brush out what you can but make sure its moist first so your not pulling. It should glide out easily once you have the baby oil on it.

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• not sure of how long it lasts I can't remember. My oldest now almost 6 had it when she was a baby. She had it mostly on her forhead what I did was got a little kids tooth brush and used baby oil or water and littly brush the spot it takes a little bit, but it will go away. That is what I did with my dd

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It also never came back.

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• ever time i was his head he cries because i think it pulls on what little hair he has... i rub baby oil on his head to help sooth him but i'll have to get a baby brush to try to brush some of it out

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Baby oil didn't work very well for my son, so I used extra virgin olive oil and that seemed to help a lot more. doesn't smell as nice though...

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I used olive oil; baby oil is so...well, oily. I'd rub some on DD's head, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, comb out the flakes, then bathe her. my DD's cradle cap only lasted a month or two.

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2011