Is muscle relaxers safe at 19 weeks pregnant adult content

i was written robaxin for muscle pains and just wanted to know if its safe

sissy1985

Asked by sissy1985 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Health

• does your OB know? is he/she who wrote it? sometimes risks outweigh benefits.

I for one was on morphine for 36 weeks of my last pregnancy....... as long as you aren't taking anything sneaky and your DRs and pharmacy all know what trimester ur in
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• look it up on webmd
    it was givin to you by a dr. ?
    i wouldnt
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• NO it's NOT safe!!! Muscle relaxers could stop the babys heart!!! Did the Dr KNOW you were preggo when he prescribed it? CALL the pharmacy and ASK the pharmacist on duty if it's safe to take while preggo before you take it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Robaxin (Methocarbamol) - The Facts Of Robaxin (Methocarbamol)

Robaxin should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed. Safe use of Robaxinhas not been established with regard to possible adverse effects ...

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• muscle relaxers (and narcotics, and other things) are LARGELY filtered by the placenta. Don't scare her! If her dr prescribed it and she was honest about her pregnancy and is taking it as prescribed, it could actually be GOOD for baby..... if mom is in horrible pain she can have very low or very high blood pressures which can be toxic for baby

preg moms take CHEMO sometimes when pregnant. it is not ideal.... but not everyone is healthy and blessed.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would call my OB and checke before I took anything.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would ask your OB to be sure and not take it until then.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 6:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2011