How many clothes does a 0-3 month and a 3-6 month baby need?

I am due in 4 months with a baby girl. I don't want to buy to many clothes, but don't want to buy to little either. The baby is due the beginning to the middle of augest so I don't want to buy to many summer outfits, but I want to put more than onsies on the baby so how many of those will I need too especially now the baby is only going to be a month old when summer ends? My babies are big to let you know. My oldest was 8.1 my second was 8.7 and the doctor is alreay saying this one is going to be bigger than my second baby. So how much will I need? I have never had to buy baby clothes. My first I got so many at my baby shower that I didn't need any for the first year of her life and even then people gave me clothes with my youngest people gave me clothes for her so I didn't have to buy clothes either, but this time around I have to actually buy them so I am clueless as to what to buy and how much to buy? Oh and to let you know I do like to dress my baby in outfits so I only use the footies for bedtime. I don't think my 2 other kids ever wore footies other than bedtime they always wore outfits.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• Need? I am guessing a weeks worth. Enough to keep clean and rotate without making you crazy.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• well depending on where you live, All of Aug & Sept will be quite hot. But it's an awkward time because most places you go will have fans or air conditioning you'll need to protect her from.

the bulk should be layering pieces. and however many blankets you're considering, double it. ditto for sheets

you'll want one SMALL (some people even buy preemie) super cute coming home and photo outfit
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would buy a couple skirts, tights, pants, and shorts.. and about 10 or so different colored onesies, about 5 long sleeve onesies. Don't forget some cute shirts and a couple jackets to make outfits with. I would say to get that in each size and you'll be okay. I'm not counting socks, and hats and stuff, but you could figure that out.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would guess you would need about 7-10 outfits at least because your baby will have accidents(spitup and wetting). I would buy a couple 0-3 months and more 3-6 months. If the baby is born smaller you can go buy more and they will grow to the 3-6 month clothes.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• maybe 5-7 sleepers for the nighttime.. for each size. I forgot to add those. =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• 7-10 outfits and 5-7 pjs in each size should b fine! they out grow it so fast!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Just buy enough to keep you going between washes - oneies and a couple of outfits for going out! We bought all of ours at yard sales and/or consignment shops!
    normasue2

Answer by normasue2 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 11, 2011