Finding enjoyment in work

I've always heard the most sucessful jobs are the ones you enjoy.
How can I find what jobs I am good at and enjoy? I guess I've just been concentrating on making a paycheck and now i am ready to find my career. Any ideas?

JaniceMc27

Asked by JaniceMc27 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• You might look at personal inventory tests and see where your strengths are.  One is in the link below, but google it and you will see several.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Some temp agency's and employment centers like the unemployment office have tests you can take that will tell you what your probably going to enjoy or be good at. College's use these tests to help kid's pick a Major and life path as well. The saying goes, find a job you love, then find someone who will pay you to do this job and you will never work another day in your life. It's a very true statement.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• After my dad retired from the Air Force he went through 6 jobs in two years, after my mom almost killed him, he finally found something he likes and has stuck with it for 8 years now. You never knwo what you are going to like until you try it. I didn't think I would ever like an office job, but I really enjoy my job and the people I work with.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thanks! I will do that
    JaniceMc27

Comment by JaniceMc27 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Well from what I understand, there will always be something you dislike about your job.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Hey hatsumomo
    Not always... there are people out there that love their jobs! :)
    JaniceMc27

Comment by JaniceMc27 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2011