Dieting on a budget?

Okay, so I'm on PA. I don't get much, and I have my 4 year old and fiance to think of. I don't eat much, so what can I do to diet on a budget? I can't afford all the expensive "healthy" stuff...Do microwaveable healthy meals really work?

GothicChk52

Asked by GothicChk52 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Now's a great time of year to plant your own veggies! If you don't live in a place that you can dig up, use cheap plastic pots frmo the dollar store. Grow your own healthy food. You'll know how they were taken care of and if they've been sprayed with chemicals.

I learned once in a nutrition class in college, the less packaging on the food, the healthier it probably is. Buy raw foods...a bag of potatoes goes a long way!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I love my potatoes. lol I never thought about planting my own, but I have a black thumb (not green). Everything I get, dies.... :( That's the sad part...
    GothicChk52

Comment by GothicChk52 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have the same problem. I can grow things WELL in pots and planters, but If it's in the ground it dies. It's worth a shot though...seeds are CHEAP! It just takes time to grow the food. See if you have any local farmers selling food rather than buying from the grocery store....sometimes they're cheaper.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Ya, I'll definitely check that out. My fiance grew up with her dad and their HUGE garden, so she could help out. :)
    GothicChk52

Comment by GothicChk52 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011