my son says he is not aloud to touch aunts computer?

My son stays at his aunt and uncles when we work alot. He told me he can not get on the computer while he is over there,even if the kids are,he is only aloud to watch them play on it,I am very upset what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• ask her why? she may have a good reason like he used it inapproprately in the past.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 12:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• How old is your son? He could be lying. Then again he might be telling the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• its her computer sorry but maybe he did something on it he shouldnt have or doesnt ask to get on it or maybe downloads something on there

ask her why find out. but still its her decision in the end because it is her computer. i told my nephew he isnt allowed on my computer for a while because he was watching videos on youtube of people freestyling and they were talking about b*tches and stuff like that. i told him once and he still did it so he isnt allowed on my comp for a while now.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I would talk with her. You are not there and have no idea what is really going on. if she says that he is not allowed then I would ask her why and see if you can come up with some kind of compromise.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Ask her. Explain what he said, and tell her you don't understand. My son came home from school last week telling me he wasn't allowed to make Thanksgiving decorations while all the other kids did. He kept insisting that he was unfairly not allowed, but when I asked the teacher it was b/c he had other work to finish, and by the time he got done, they were about to put everything up, so she didn't let him, but he was going to do some the next day. So it might be that he is leaving something out of his story, or maybe not making the connection between having done/not done something and not being allowed on the computer.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I agree with tropicalmama.... kids this age seem to leave very important details out of the story a lot of times to make it seem like they are totally innocent. Don't get too upset untul you talk to the aunt.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I don't allow any children (including my own) to touch my computer or cell phone. This has caused problems when I've babysat children who's parents do allow them to use their things. In the end, my possesions, my rules. If I did let my kids use the computer but didn't intend to let other children use it I wouldn't allow my children to do so while other kids were visiting.

My uncle has the same cell as me and he let my 3 y o twins play with it at Thanksgiving, making calls and taking pics, now I could just strangle him because now they think they can take my phone!
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 3:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• communication is the key. Ask her.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I would find out why. I don't let other people's children use my computer, either. There are times my kids have friends over and they (the friends) want to check email, etc. Nope, sorry. I don't know what boundaries their parents have, I don't know what they are wanting to check, what viruses they might inadvertently download, etc. However, my kids (teens) aren't on it when their friends are here, either...

Also, is there a big age difference, for example, is your son 5 and his cousin 15? If it's nothing like that, and it's basically her playing favorites and basically being mean to your kid, then yes, I would be ticked.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2008