Ever kick a habit you like?!

I am so addicted to Dr. Pepper. It's pretty much all I ever drink and has been for over 20 years. I absolutely LOVE that stuff. However, over the years I've also said that if water wasn't so boring and flavorless maybe I could drink it. Well I have finally discovered Crystal Light in STRAWBERRY flavor and it is really good. Hey, I just might be able to kick an old habit! Soooo... JUST FOR FUN... How 'bout you? What's your "habit story"?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 4:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I used to drink lots of soda, but now I pretty much never do. The only time I have a soda is if we order pizza and then I want a diet root beer with it. I really don't miss soda though. Now I'm giving up artificial sweeteners completely.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• same. i used to drink a lot of soda, after i had my daughter 8 months ago i kicked it for good and now i only drink water and lots of it. being thin, fit, and healthy is way more important to me than soda
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Espresso. I just LOVE IT TO DEATH. But Im over 40 and if I drink more than 2 cups of anything caffeinated other than 2 cups regular coffee in the morning I DO NOT sleep at night. The only caffeine I get is my 2 cups of coffee in the a.m. I used to drink about 20 shots of espresso a day. Getting off it was hard due to the headaches from lack of caffeine. Iv also stopped biting my nails I was always a biter. Mom used to harass me endlessly and beg me to stop. When she died suddenly 3 years ago I just stopped doing it. Now I have nice long natural nails. I have moments Id like to bite them but seem to be able to resist.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Ahhhh NEVER!!
    JaniceMc27

Answer by JaniceMc27 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Cigarettes. When I knew I wanted to TTC my first, I quit cold turkey and never looked back...but damn I loved smoking. Now I don't even have the urge to anymore, but missing "smoke breaks" at work or while we were out before they banned smoking in all public places here...it was awful. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had an addiction to jelly bellys. Had to give them up when I became Diabetic.

Answer by louise2 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Goldfish. Although once in a while I still fall off the wagon.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I use to drink gallons of pepsi every day. I am not joking either. DH and I took 2 liters to work, plus drank more when we got home every single day! In 07 I was laid off and decided to diet. Thats when I began drinking water. Now its what I drink 99% of the time. I'll have a pepsi once in awhile but its only one maybe two 20oz bottle in a week. Water with Lemons in it can break up the monotony of drinking only water. I do like the crystal lights as well. Propel water is also yummy. I especially love their grape flavor.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes I did. Took me years but in the end I was successful.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Smoking. I kicked the habit, but I did enjoy smoking. I know it is taboo, but I enjoyed smoking.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2011