Debates

In YOUR opinion which debate do you hate seeing on here and which debate to like being part of?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I generally love a good debate, but I grow tired of all the "my party is better than your party" political arguing. It's not debating. It's petty cattiness.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I love to be a part of any debate, as long as it's civil. The ones I hate are "who's right and who's wrong" in the religious section. It stays civil for about 5 secs.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I try and stay away from the debates. But I REALLY hate the religious and political ones. There's a GOOD REASON for the saying,, NEVER discuss religion or politics
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I HATE a debate on abortion because it makes me so mad. And a debate I like....hmmmm lol ill have to think and come back.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sick to death of breast feeding arguments. Do people really think on a site for mothers THEY are the first one to suggest to anyone here that "breast is best", and that without them, we had no idea?

I appreciate any of them in politics or religion where people actually stick to the question instead of deflecting. If someone is literally incapable of looking at something from someone else's point of view or considering a hypothetical, they could just do everyone a favor and move on to a category they like instead of whining about it in questions they don't like. (I really don't understand people who answer questions that start out "If xyz had happened instead of abc, what would you..." with the answer "I can't imagine xyz ever happening")
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Fed up with the ' antis' , continually posting loaded questions on their pet peeves , such as politics, abortion and now circumcision , which are not debates at all and sometimes descend into nastiness
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I wish I could hold my own in all of the debate sections, but I can't. Some of them do go from debate to attack pretty quickly and I would avoid them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2011