TTC 1ST CYCLE AFTER A D&C

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A PERIOD 1 WK AFTER A D&C? I HAD 1 DAY OF LITE SPOTTING AFTER SURGERY, THEN NOTHING FOR A WEEK. THEN FOR A WEEK LITE BLEEDING. OR IS IT STILL FROM THE D&C? WE WANT TO START TTC ASAP!

lala91172

Asked by lala91172 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• For a healthy pregnancy, it is best to wait at least 3 months. You want to let your body heal. You need time for the uterine lining to build back up. It will decrease the risk of another m/c.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 1:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Alma is wrong-- ALL of my ob and midwife friends say one cycle is perfectly fine so long as there are no complications. It is NOT however possible to have a period one week after a d&c -- you would not have ovulated and then bled in time. It is probably some break thru bleeding, I have had that, too.

I am sorry you had surgery, hope you feel better and good luck!! PM me if you want more info =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I doubt you would have a period a week after D&C, you need the time to heal and build back the uterine lining that comes out when you have your period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2008