Should you keep the pregnancy test???

My cousin asked me if she should keep her positive pregnancy test. She wants to add it to the baby's scrapbook. I have never heard of it being done before. But I guess if you put it in a zip-lock bag. Then there's the question of you know "Pee". What do you all think?

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 4:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well no. first the positive part will fade, second it's been peed on...gross!!!
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• lol I kept mine from both of my kids : ) SO WHAT IF I PEED ON IT. IT'S MY PEE!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I still have the test from my first pregnancy in 2001. I don't know why, but I did keep it (and yes, in a ziplock bag, of course).
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Personally I would not keep it. A better idea would be to take a picture of the test and keep that- it will fit much easier in the scrapbook not to mention it would be more sanitary than a used test.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Lol I kept mine too....mostly because it took me SO long to get pregnant both times...and my positive never did fade on either! lol...they are both still as dark as the day I pee'd on them lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would take a good picture of it for the scrapbook rather than keeping. I kept like 3 positives in my purse for a long time and eventually my purse started to smell like stale pee. I ended up having to throw it away lol. Plus Momo is right, eventually the positive will fade anyway just leaving a smelly yellow pee stick! Not sure how commemorative that will be...
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I kept mine too lol it's in a plastic bag...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Mine never faded.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I've kept one test from both of my pregnancies. They still have 2 dark lines. No one else touches them, and they are in ziplock baggies. I'm sure one day they will get thrown away, but for now I'm gonna keep my peed on sticks in a ziplock in my desk.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i have kept both of mine. they're in ziplock bags. ive never had any smell & almost 3 years later the first one still shows a positive sign. its not like i peed all over the whole stick...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011