How to give the hint

I have fallen in a pattern of being readily available to everyone all the time. I have a dd who is almost 3 yrs and 7 months pregnant with my second. I am constantly agreeing to play dates, babysitting my friends kids and doing favors for everyone...its starting to be very tiring and its effecting my fam. so I have started telling people I need my space and need to slow down and cant be there all the time for anyone but my fam. I have been met with alot of resistance and most of my friends assume they are exempt from this request because I would never think it was them overwhelming me. How do I get this message across loud and clear without hurting anyones feelings or making them feel like they have done something wrong? alot of my friends keep telling me they are gonna be at my house everyday when baby comes to help and hold baby and I DONT want anyone at my house everyday I dont need help, I am very private and want my space for just me my hubby and dd. Am I the only one who deals with this and feels this way? I am finding hard to tell people no:(

scanamey77

Asked by scanamey77 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• "I appreciate your offer but I really want to try things on my own.. Thank you so much for being so willing to help, I promise I will call you if I need you."
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 5:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think that ObiRenKenobi answered it perfectly!
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 6:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2011