WOULD YOU FEEL BAD ?

WOULD YOU FEEL BAD IF YOU TURNED IN YOUR SISTERS HUSBAND INTO THE POLICE FOR A CRIME ? HE FIT THE DESCRIPTION TO A "T" FROM HIS LOOKS TO HIS CAR I KNEW IT WAS HIM SO IFELT I HAD TO REPORT HIM SO I DID IT TURNS OUT HE WAS A SERIAL RAPIST ! WELL HE GOT 25 YRS IN PRISON SO I NOW I FEEL BAD FOR HER CHILDREN THERE YOUNG WITH NO DAD AND SHE DOES NOT THINK HE IS GUILTY AND WILL NOT DIVORCE HIM SHE WILL NEVER KNOW I TURNED HIM IN THATS UNDER LOCK AND KEY NUT I STILL FEEL BAD AND SCARED ONE DAY SHE MIGHT FIND OUT THAT I DID IT !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• I wouldn't feel bad. The world is now more safe because of you. Your sisters kids will be better off without a dad around then with a rapist for a dad. Your sister will eventually come around I'm sure. Just be supportive of her and don't tell anyone that you turned her in. If she does happen to find out, be honest and hopefully she'll understand. Good for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• OMG!!!! What a horrible position for you to be in. And good for you for putting the safety of the community as well as your sister first, Sooner or later he would have hurt her if he wasn't already. Please remember that rape is not about sex it's about power and control. If it was me I would help her come to the realness of his crime and punishment. Surely somewhere she suspects something. Even if she's in denial. I would probably tell my sister sometime down the road, But that's just me.. I would be afraid that if I didn't at some point I would just pop out with it at the worst possible time. I will pray for you

granmaw56

Answer by granmaw56 at 2:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• WELL I CAN NEVER TELL HER I TURNED HIM IN WHEN HE GETS OUT HE WOULD KNOW IT WAS ME ! SHE THINKS IT'S JUST HOOKERS HE DID NOT PAY AFTER SEX SO THEY CRIED RAPE WELL IT WAS HOOKERS AND RUNAWAYS HE WOULD TAKE IN HIS CAR RAPE THEM AND BEAT THEM HALF TO DEATH SHE WILL NEVER THINK HE IS GUILTY AFTER ALL THE WOMAN VICTIMS WHO SPOKE AT THE TRIAL !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Feel bad??? You did her and the kids a favor. Get it off your conscience quick. She never needs to know who said anything. I find it hard to believe she wouldn't leave him...She doesn't think he raped anyone but she's okay with it being a hooker he didn't pay???? That's just as bad to me. I'd leave him either way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• What a terrible thing to go through. You did the right thing, the kids didn't need someone in their life that can commit such a terrible crime. You got someone that is dangerous off the streets. No telling whose life you have saved. Good for you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Would I feel BAD - yes - for my sister's kids, because they have a rapist for a father, and, whether they know, and have to live with the pain of that knowledge, or they don't, and have to live with the pain of a father in prison (and a mom in denial - btw - that's her attitude NOW - it could change a couple of yrs down the line...). Would I feel GUILTY - NO!!!!!!!

Look at it this way - the dude is a serial rapist. Would you be able to sleep at night, knowing he continued to victimize innocent people, that you knew who it was doing it, and you didn't do anything about it - and by not doing anything, you were in a way helping him to rape them?

I think you did a very brave thing, and as a person who has been the victim of sexual assault, I thank you for helping to take this person off the streets!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• No honey. You did the right thing completely! Don't even think twice about it. I feel bad for your sister and the kids. But if it is all true, you have truly saved them, not to mention the public! So stand with conviction. If she ever finds out she may be upset with you. You just know that you did what was RIGHT and stand by that.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Um no. Am I cruel and heartless? Well I have been told so. I don't give a rip who he is. He's a rapist. She should thank you.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If she does find out she should give you a big thank you!! and if she doesnt well im sure all of the women he hurt and would have hurt will give you a big thank you!! The world is one scum bag shorter now because of you and a safer place honasly you are kind of an angel in my eyes good job and you did thr right thing for everyone!!! your a very brave wonderful women!! although how did you know it was him??? did you ever suspect this of him??? im just curious!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I turned someone into the police once because i found out they had a warrant out for them. i knew they were coming to town for x-mas and i helped the cops to set him up . He was arrested at my SD house on x-mas eve. i felt bad that she had to see her uncle arrrested but at the same time- HE HAD A WARRANT FOR A REASON! DOnt you dare feel bad about what you did. u protected more than enough people from harm by getting him put away! And if your sister doesn't beleive what he did- then it sounds like he had a lot of control over her. it wouldn't surprise me if they had some abuse going on in their relationship too- you did an honorable thing... CHIN UP!
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 7:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2008